Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

For those who helped me to keep breastfeeding - thought you might like to know...

(19 Posts)
Stefka Fri 10-Oct-08 22:00:24

I don't know if anyone will remember that around this time last year I had a hellish time establishing breastfeeding. I had really badly cracked nipples and infections and bf was extremely painful for the first three months. I know I wouldn't have made it through that time if it hadn't been for the fantastic support that I received here.

My DS is almost one now and I thought you might like to know that not only am I still breast feeding but his first word was "boob"!

rascal1979 Fri 10-Oct-08 22:28:45

Awww I wish my DD's first word would have been Boobie!! I did try! I too had major difficulties breastfeeding - she was prem and took 9 weeks of expressing before she was established.

Sooooo worth it though she is now 10mths old and still going strong!

vlc Fri 10-Oct-08 23:54:58

I remember you Stefka! We commiserated over blocked ducts.

Wonderful to hear how well you're getting on. Baby carrot is still bf at 14 months. This place rocks.

grin

LackaDAISYcal Sat 11-Oct-08 00:09:38

lol at boob smile and well done grin

I remember you as well (was probably posting as IamDaisy or something of that ilk)

waves to vlc; I saw you the other day in passing but it was a very serious thread and didn't want to hijack.

<realises that implies she doesn't think stefka's thread is serious....shuts up blush>

well done on 14 months smile

four weeks and counting till I start all over again <excited>

MN got me through a very rocky time with blocked ducts and I learnt so much that I regularly pass on....like milk blisters and how to pop em wink

I've also done a peer supporter course and have signed up to the NCT Diploma in BFC too (first tutorial next weekend). All thanks to MN grin

SparklyGothKat Sat 11-Oct-08 00:19:02

yah! we also had a terrible time at the start, but 12 months on Callum is still BF, and hits my boobs when he wants milk...

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Sat 11-Oct-08 00:19:15

Yay well done you! DD and I are still going at 14 months, she calls it 'moany.' Didn't teach her that I'd like to add grin

naturelover Sat 11-Oct-08 08:32:18

I remember you Stefka, I was having problems with thrush at about the same time you were having a hard time. Well done on getting this far, you're amazing!

I'm also still breastfeeding at 14 months, thanks to MN in large part!

TheProvincialLady Sat 11-Oct-08 08:39:21

I remember you - well bloody donesmile

AbricotsSecs Sat 11-Oct-08 08:47:39

Message withdrawn

throckenholt Sat 11-Oct-08 08:51:14

grin - well done to all of you - it is great to know that if you can get passed even a very rocky start with breastfeeding - it can then become so easy that you keep going for as long as you want.

Stefka Sat 11-Oct-08 08:55:33

It really is easy now - I never thought that was possible at the start! This place was great in those early days where every feed was a struggle. Yay for mumsnet

LackaDAISYcal Sat 11-Oct-08 14:01:20

bumping to keep this in active convos.....good for others to see how things can turn the corner and get easy smile

crochetdiva Sat 11-Oct-08 15:07:09

yippee ... both of us still bf from the Oct 2007 gang!

I was the one with a horrendously reflux-y baby - and then a monster nursing strike ...

M is 1 year and 1 week, and bf is the best it's ever been!

throckenholt Sat 11-Oct-08 19:33:50

it is something that should be shouted loud and long. It took me a month to get DS1 breastfeeding - and it was horribly stressful - I only managed it because I was bloody minded. But after that it became increasingly easy and I carried on for 12 months (only gave up because I found out I was pregnant with twins).

I guess the lesson is - even if the first month or so is a nightmare - you can get past that and then it is normally easy (far easier than bottle feeding or expressing).

Stefka Sat 11-Oct-08 20:49:58

You can get past it and it is worth fighting for!

There does need to be more support out there. I was lucky to have this place and to live in an area that is very pro breast feeding. Otherwise I don't think it I would have made it and as BF was so important to me I would have been devastated.

alittlebitshy Sun 12-Oct-08 15:07:26

Great news! (Sorry I haven't properly thanked you for the jelonet etc that you sent me)

Love the first word!

moondog Sun 12-Oct-08 18:32:53

Brill Stefka
You're a star! grin

RhinestoneCowghoul Sun 12-Oct-08 18:35:32

I remember your threads - can't believe a year has gone past already!

Love the first word grin

Stefka Mon 13-Oct-08 10:27:45

Hello alittlebitshy! I am really glad to hear that it arrived - I was worried that it got lost in the post. I hope it was some use to you - if not feel free to pass the stuff on to someone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now