Talk

Advanced search

follow on milk vs 10mo+ milk

(8 Posts)
lazyhen Fri 10-Oct-08 08:01:35

Does anyone know the difference?

My DD will be 9 months next week. She has had Hipp organic follow on milk since 6 months and now I see that their 10mo milk is cheaper still (at £4.21)

I only looked at it as there was no 6month milk on the shelves but I wondered what the difference was and whether she could go on to it now?

lazyhen Fri 10-Oct-08 13:16:04

bump

Habbibu Fri 10-Oct-08 13:20:13

There have been other threads on this, and it might be worth a search, but I think follow-on milk is essentially a marketing ploy from manufacturers, who aren't allowed to advertise first milk, and so "created" follow-on milk. In other words, they're much of a muchness. I would do a search on here to see what threads you find - lots of much more knowledgeable people than me have posted on it.

lazyhen Fri 10-Oct-08 18:06:55

Thanks - I had a quick look earlier but was at work so couldn't loiter for long!

I knew that 'follow on milks' could be advertised unlike formula from birth but just interested in 6mo+ as opposed to 10mo+

They were out of 6mo milk earlier so I couldn't compare ingredients.

Habbibu Fri 10-Oct-08 19:25:13

I really don't think there's much difference other than marketing tbh - hopefully someone who knows more than me will be along.

Seona1973 Fri 10-Oct-08 19:55:29

With aptamil, the later follow on milks e.g. from 9 months, etc may have looked cheaper but you actually got less feeds out of them as the scoop was bigger. The aptamil tubs told you how many 200ml feeds you got out of a tub and you got less out of the later follow on milks than you did from the straight 6 month+ ones. It may or may not be the same with the Hipp organic milk. I just kept using the 6 month+ milk until ds started cows milk at 1 year.

Seona1973 Fri 10-Oct-08 19:59:42

Have a look on the Hipp organic website - you only get 600g of 10 month+ milk compared to 900g of 6month+ milk.

lazyhen Fri 10-Oct-08 20:21:36

oh well spotted - thank-you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now