Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tandem nursing through pregnancy

(7 Posts)
cheesemonster Thu 09-Oct-08 20:15:05

Hi, Just found out expecting no 3 ( very early days) & am feeding my older 2 children.
I breastfeed my ds through my 2nd pregnancy & it was all fine but just wondered if there any implications of feeding 2 while pregnant? WOuld love to know if anyone has any experience of this.grin

JuneBugJen Thu 09-Oct-08 20:16:40

Angelina Jolie? grin

TigerFeet Thu 09-Oct-08 20:17:05

Wow - good for you

I have no advice as I've never done tandem feeding - but I am wondering how you're going to feed three once your new one's born grin

cheesemonster Thu 09-Oct-08 20:24:00

Only occasionally feed the 2 at the same time at the moment but much easier as two arms & boobs!

SqueakyPop Thu 09-Oct-08 20:26:25

I have fed one child through pregancy and went on to tandem nurse for a year and a half.

I didn't have any trouble - always managed to make enough milk, was tired in the pregancy but fine afterwards, and older child knew her place.

And it was fun to tandem nurse in public and shock people even more than normal breastfeeding.

Thinkstoomuch Thu 09-Oct-08 20:40:38

Have no experience, but hats off to ya for even contemplating it!

4girls4chickens Sat 11-Oct-08 03:00:38

i think it's fantastic. so long as you eat a healthy diet and rest when you can (obviously not the easiest thing in the world with 2 children) breastfeeding during pregnancy shouldn't be much different this time to last time.

clearly there won't be any moment when you get to feed all 3 at the same time but you'll still be able to feed 2 at a time - i love doing that, the baby and the toddler hold hands now, before that the toddler would stroke the babys head

you could phone a La Leche League leader who might be able to offer some advice, mine would just be to eat healthy, rest and enjoy the experience

best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now