Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Switching to bottles/formula - DD not interested in the least HELP PLEASE

(3 Posts)
Katflowers Tue 07-Oct-08 20:40:42

Ok I should be able to do this with child number 3 but DD has only had maybe 3 bottles in her life - 10 1/2m. Want to stop bf at 1 year so need to start weaning now. Will not take a bottle from me or others. Am giving her watered down juice at breakfast in a bottle in the hope that she might at least put the teat in her mouth!!! Any thoughts?

RiallyEeRiaee Tue 07-Oct-08 20:49:50

hi. It took me a while to get DS3 to take a bottle, in the end I think it came down to formula - he didn't like C&G but was fine with Hipp organic. Also he only liked silicone teats, not the latex ones. It took a fair bit of trial and error but we got there in the end (I think he was around 10 months - luckily before his first toothwink) Have you tried one of those soft teat trainer cups instead?
HTH

Tangle Tue 07-Oct-08 22:21:26

Have you tried a cup or beaker instead? I had it in mind current advice was to wean off teats at around 1 year to avoid orthodontic problems.

or at least that was how I consoled myself when DD refused to have anything to do with them...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now