Talk

Advanced search

herbal remedies for mastis or some bf counsellor advice please

(9 Posts)
jammi Tue 07-Oct-08 15:21:36

Message withdrawn

waitingtobloom Tue 07-Oct-08 16:28:47

Hi

Ouch - I have just had mastitis and sympathise! Is she feeling ill with it too?

There are some homeopathic remedies meant to be quite good but she may have to talk to a homeopathist. May be an idea with repeated lumps though.

Someone also told me garlic - made into a paste and rubbed on the breast - but I am gueesing she would then smell of garlic lol

Is her bra too tight? Is something else constricting the breast such as a heavy bag?

Are the lumps near the nipple? If she can position the babys chin so it is against a lump when they feed this can help massage the lump

Massaging when in the shower can help - especially putting some conditioner or similar on and even using a wide toothed comb to gently massage towards the nipple

xxxx

poppy34 Tue 07-Oct-08 16:45:26

do you have a neals yard near you -they mixed a special mix for me?

I'd take painkiller to ease teh pain (ibuprofen godo and ok if b/f)

going without bra good plan

mmelody Tue 07-Oct-08 19:57:10

Raw garlic taken 4 times a day is what I was advised. I smelt pungent but it helped to clear it up.

jammi Tue 07-Oct-08 20:00:03

Message withdrawn

Katflowers Tue 07-Oct-08 20:15:18

Though she does not want to take antibiotics she really needs to think about it - I had mastitis with all my children and antibiotics help immediately - otherwise you really go down hill with flu type symptoms.

jammi Tue 07-Oct-08 20:20:27

Message withdrawn

northender Tue 07-Oct-08 20:26:30

Savoy cabbage leaves? They help ease the discomfort of engorgement when milk first comes in. Not very practical for out and about though! Try to feed in different positions.

northender Tue 07-Oct-08 20:28:47

Also checking for good positioning and attachment with a bf counsellor. May be that the latch is not as good on that side which is why she keeps getting the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now