Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Please remind me of some basic points.

(12 Posts)
EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Tue 07-Oct-08 15:10:57

Ok, so I know I should know what I'm doing but the brain is gone, gone I tell ye grin.
So, can anyone answer my simple questions?

1) Cows milk is fine from 1 year isn't it?

2) Sterilising isn't necessary from when?

3) When do you stop using cooled boiled water (pita) and head straight to the tap?

I thank you grin

jojoisamum Tue 07-Oct-08 15:14:36

Can I just add a question to that!?

When weaning and feeding from 6-12 months and giving porridge/cereal what milk do you use?

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Tue 07-Oct-08 15:16:46

Now I can answer how I did that one jojoisamum.
I've alsways used her normal milk i.e. expressed breast milk or formula milk.

pinkspottywellies Tue 07-Oct-08 15:20:10

Cows milk is fine as a main drink from a year and can be used in cooking from 6 months. When you start weaning, you normally use whatever thier normal milk is for thinkgs like porridge (bm or formula) but by about 9 months I was using cows milk for that (she was still getting plenty of breastmilk).

I stopped sterilising when she started eating worms and licking the carpet wink Some people say that washing thoroughly in very hot water and air drying milk bottles etc is sufficient but I don't know much about that. I never sterilised eating things, just bottles.

I never managed cooled boiled water. I didn't remember to do it then it would have been boiling when she needed it blush and after the first few times I thought 'well, she's had it straight from the tap now' so just carried on! After 6 months though. I think they say you should do it up to year.

HTH

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Tue 07-Oct-08 15:25:13

Thanks PSW grin
Think I've been waay to careful! Time to get some worms and tap water into her!!

aurorec Tue 07-Oct-08 15:33:36

Nothing to do with the OP, just wanted to say cool name.... grin

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Tue 07-Oct-08 15:38:18

Mine?
If so then thank you - bit of a Twilight addict, or an Edward addict really"!!

pinkspottywellies Tue 07-Oct-08 15:39:37

Disclaimer: I didn't give her the worm (9months) - it had come into the kitchen on my shoe blushwink

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Tue 07-Oct-08 15:45:14

grin
I'm quite sure my Dd has eaten her fair share of cat hair over the last year!

wastingmyeducation Tue 07-Oct-08 15:54:11

My sister made a worm curry once. She had a bit of a thing for Ray Mears and all things survival. grin
I pour boiling water over oral syringes for Calpol, and wasn't planning on sterilising plates when we start weaning. But we have no bottles, so it would be a pain to start sterilising at 6 months.
Also, I've never expressed, so can't see me squeezing a tit over some weetabix. As far as I was aware, cow's milk is fine from six months in food, just not as a drink.

xx

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Tue 07-Oct-08 15:55:33

PMSL at the thought of you standing groggy eyed and sleepy over a bowl of weetabix, squeezing one nork into the bowl!! grin

wastingmyeducation Tue 07-Oct-08 16:01:39

grin

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now