tiktok Wed 02-Mar-05 18:37:01

Aw

Yorkiegirl Wed 02-Mar-05 18:58:17

Message withdrawn

beansprout Wed 02-Mar-05 18:59:14

Will certainly second that!!!

chatee Wed 02-Mar-05 19:08:04

can i add my vote of thanks too,
my ds was 1 last saturday and he's still bf....thanks for all your support, one very happy mummy and ds

irishbird Wed 02-Mar-05 19:14:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleRedRidingHood Wed 02-Mar-05 19:21:23

Thankyou from me too - Im glad you dont let the debates that often become arguments annoy you enough to send you away - Recent name change for me BTW!

mears Wed 02-Mar-05 19:22:31

How lovely

hermykne Wed 02-Mar-05 19:25:18

i'd like to add my thanks too
ds now 7mths and still feeding him thanks to mears and tiktoks advice especially when i have felt so tired by it all.

Aero Wed 02-Mar-05 19:30:43

mine too - can't remember who kept me going but ds is still having one bf daily partly thanks to mn and he's 14mths.

highlander Wed 02-Mar-05 20:15:11

hear, hear gals

I was one of the the 'I'll give it a go' contingent. DS and I are still having a great time at 6 months and will keep going until 2 years entirely thanks to the expert advice from Mears and Tiktok.

motherinferior Wed 02-Mar-05 20:28:32

Can I join in?

Mears, Tiktok and many others too kept me going with feeding and calmed me down about whether I'd be able to express. Thanks so much, laydeez.

hercules Wed 02-Mar-05 20:31:06

Need to add myself to the admirers. I love how you both always know exactly what you are talking about and give brilliant advice.

serenequeen Wed 02-Mar-05 20:32:52

yes, big thanks to you both from me too for excellent advice over the years - gulp. b/f dd for 6m exclusive, now back to work but have decided to carry on one b/f per day (most i can manage with work schedule )

anchovies Wed 02-Mar-05 20:33:31

I haven't had any advice yet (didn't know about mumsnet/you both then) but hope to in the future when the next one arrives!

gingerbear Wed 02-Mar-05 20:35:45

DD and I carried on breastfeeding for 18 months - she decided to stop, not me.Thank you, you are both stalwarts of mumsnet and deserve a Mumsnet BAFTA.
mwwah xxx

WellieMum Wed 02-Mar-05 22:02:54

Another vote of thanks from me - I came here when having a dreadful time bfeeding (very painful, struggling to express, big pressure to give formula top-ups). I did a search and found LOTS of help from Mears and Tiktok's postings and links.

dd is 6 months old next week and is thriving on 100% human milk! Lucky me - more to the point, lucky dd - that there are people like Mears and Tiktok around, patiently doling out sensible advice time after time.

Thank you!

aloha Wed 02-Mar-05 22:20:44

I love 'em! And they've been good to me too. About to rush off to feed dd!

suzywong Wed 02-Mar-05 22:24:28

<claps and grins excitedly as if at MN BAFTAS>

snowfallinthesahara Thu 03-Mar-05 00:31:07

im new to mn,but count me in on all thats been said..tiktok,mears for sure and also some other mnetters put things across in such a simple,reassuring way...thanx!

tiktok Thu 03-Mar-05 09:38:45

I feel really touched by all this, thank you - and I think the internet has been great for breastfeeding Outside mumsnet, my work as a breastfeeding counsellor is made easier when I can take a call from a mother and then email her a link to something that will help inform her. The support that mothers get on boards like this makes up (partially) for the lack of support in RL.

Clayhead Thu 03-Mar-05 09:44:16

Can I join in?!?

I wouldn't have bf dd or ds for as long without advice from tiktok, mears and others on here. It was a life line to me, my only true source of advice on bf.

Thank you so much.

Marina Thu 03-Mar-05 10:06:43

Have never needed crisis b/f advice but always, always take note of what Tiktok and Mears have to say on feeding and child health issues. Mumsnet (both online and a RL friend I met through here) is my only contact with extended b/f...fed ds til he was 2.5 and still going with dd, 19 months, despite going back to work full-time with both as babies.
Thankyou Tiktok and Mears (and Eulalia too, who was posting positive stuff about extended b/f when I first joined Mumsnet!)

serenequeen Thu 03-Mar-05 12:18:07

well lucky you having an office

serenequeen Thu 03-Mar-05 12:19:15

dh was amazed we don't even have individual cubes at our place just long workbenches...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: