Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Blocked duct that just won't clear - any advice?

(8 Posts)
PiggyPenguin Sun 05-Oct-08 12:56:05

I have had a blocked duct for three days now and I just can't get rid of it. It is in a really tricky position at the bottom of my breast and about the size of a twenty pence piece. I have tried all the usual things, warm compress, warm bath, expressing when baby finished feeding and trying to massage through but it just won't shift. Any tips?

scorpio1 Sun 05-Oct-08 13:04:59

Hey

I have read before that some people get their DH to clear the blockage....stronger suction than baby.

Have you tried in shower?

PiggyPenguin Sun 05-Oct-08 13:30:45

Eeek. See that just seems wrong. But thanks for the tip Scorpio, good to hear from you by the way, how is Millie?

BroccoliSpears Sun 05-Oct-08 13:43:57

Have you moved your baby around? I've cleared them by plonking ds on the middle of my bed and sort of dangling over him at various angles. If it's at the bottom of your breast you perhaps need to have the baby lying in the same direction as you so their lower lip and tongue are nearest the blockage?

Also drinking lots of water helps me to clear them.

AnnasBananas Sun 05-Oct-08 14:26:46

Yes, can only suggest to try a different position try under-arm if you are doing the conventional position. I lifted the arm up over my head on the blocked side and just massaged and massaged from down on the rib cake up towards the under-arm. Over and over every hour or so. And keep feeding on that side try as much as you can to get that bottom lip as far away from the nip as possible for a really deep latch. It may take a few days to clear, but if you start to feel fluish/shivery it will be mastitis starting but really hoping for your sake you can ward it off.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 05-Oct-08 14:28:17

DH smile

ukrainianmum Sun 05-Oct-08 14:35:29

try this
grate a potato,would be good a organic one add a spoon of organic honey and put in a leaf of a cabbage. live it till the gooey mess of potato and honey drys up.
It should help.helped me

I say organic coz here in Ukraine mainly all agricultural food is organic

katch Sun 05-Oct-08 14:41:07

I was told by the BF counsellor to go on all fours and feed from above. Not dignified but it worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now