Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sore boobs...help!

(6 Posts)
bunjies Wed 02-Mar-05 13:43:48

I'm bf my 2.5 week old dd2 who latches on fine (once the fullness has gone down) but once the breast gets saggy (after about 10-15 mins) I start to get sharp pains all over my breasts every time she sucks. I have tried re-latching her on several times but the pain still persists. I'm therefore wondering whether I should take this as a sign that she should be moved to the other side? I have squeezed the breast and there is still milk in there but often have to stop feeding from that side as the pain is so severe. As a result my breasts feel achy all the time - even when she's not feeding . She was 6lbs 9oz at birth and regained her birth weight within 10 days. When she was weighed on Monday she had gained a further 5oz in 5 days so I'm not necessarily worried about her weight gain (although I will be keeping an eye on it just to make sure) but just need to know if this is normal or whether the soreness is due to anything else. By the way I didn't get this when bf dd1.

Yorkiegirl Wed 02-Mar-05 13:47:38

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Wed 02-Mar-05 14:41:58

It does sound like thrush. As well as the canesten, put cold cabbage leaves inside your bra - straight from the fridge, if you can. It's very soothing.

laneydaye Wed 02-Mar-05 14:43:54

I was told savoy cabbage leaves......
Not tried it but hope you feel better soon.

bunjies Thu 03-Mar-05 11:33:03

Thanks for the replies. Could you explain why you think it's thrush as I don't understand why the pain only starts after feeding for a while?

lunarx Thu 03-Mar-05 14:25:34

i had something similar to this too, i called my HV and she came around, checked my breasts and the babys mouth for thrush (whiteness/white spots in the mouth are usually a tell-tale sign)- and it wasn't thrush, she told me that my milk letdown was just painful. (i did see the GP too about this for a 2nd opinion, just in case and he confirmed that there was no thrush). i would recommend calling your HV or GP about it...

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now