Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help wanted- Bringing up browny bits in sick- stomach lining?

(5 Posts)
LG25 Sat 04-Oct-08 10:02:50

My DS is 11 weeks and he has sometimes been bringing up a creamy coloured sick which has browny bits in it after a feed. I'm not sure how normal this is and whether I should be worried (I am!). He is breastfed with one bottle of Aptimil a day. He brings up milk quite a bit after a feed- could it just be irritating his stomach as it's coming up? He brought up blood two weeks ago and the hospital said it was probably a burst blood vessel and nothing to worry about. I'll call my health visitor on Monday, but any advice in the mean time appreciated.

cafebistro Sat 04-Oct-08 10:09:10

Try not to worry. If its already been noted that blood was brought up in vomit and the hospital werent worried then its sounds like it could be 'old' blood. If baby is otherwise well Id just mention it to health visitor on Mon when you see her. Is your baby being treated for the vomiting? He might have a bit of reflux...and could be prescribed gaviscon if this is the case. See what your HV thinks.

piratecat Sat 04-Oct-08 10:09:48

bile?

LG25 Sat 04-Oct-08 18:27:02

Thanks Cafebistro- I'll get the vomiting seen to- it could well be reflux- I'll see what the HV suggests- thanks again.

tangarine Sat 04-Oct-08 18:33:56

LG25,

FWIW, this happened to ds2 a couple of times when he was tiny (younger than yours so it may not apply). It turned out that it was my blood (from a cracked nipple) that he'd swallowed in with the breast milk and brought back up rather than any of his own blood (hope that makes sense - and that one way or another you get it sorted).

I think if it's brown blood it is old, and less worrying that bright red fresh blood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now