Talk

Advanced search

Please help... teething 5and a half month old... NIPPING AT NIPPLE - OUCH!

(3 Posts)
munchkinmum Thu 02-Oct-08 21:42:33

Hi all, hoping for words of wisdom here as I'm a bit upset over this, hoping this is not the end of BF (possible emotive over-reaction!)

My DS nipping at my nipple (done it 5 times today). Have tried putting him down and saying a firm 'no'. He is obviously in discomfort and really niggly. Have just given him calpol to see ifn this helps as I'm terrified to feed him...

He usually nurses to sleep at night but he is still up and tired as I keep having to stop the feed (he is really unsettled feeding tonight, making grunty noises and then nipping)...

Ny ideas ise m'netters?

solo Thu 02-Oct-08 22:56:34

Well, I know no one will agree with me and I'll be called an abuser, but my Dd did it 2 or 3 times in all, because when she bit me the second time I flicked her lips. I only had to do it twice and she got the message and we are still bfing at 21 mos.

monthlymayhem Thu 02-Oct-08 22:56:50

How about putting a little bonjela on his gums, give it 15 mins to numb a little and then try feeding him. It helped a bit for my LO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now