Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BF 5 and a half month DD now has teeth-Im scared and want to quit

(6 Posts)
egyptianprincess Thu 02-Oct-08 17:37:01

DD's bottom 2 teeth have come up and so far she has bitten me three times which was excruciating. Now I have stopped enjoying bf and sit there in fear of the next bite. I am so tense it's a horrible experience. I was hoping to BF for 6 months so Ive almost achieved my goal and am wondering whether now might not be the right time to quit. Does anybody have any experience of this? Is there a way to prevent the biting?

theSuburbanDryad Thu 02-Oct-08 17:37:56

What do you do when she bites you?

egyptianprincess Thu 02-Oct-08 17:39:40

squeal!

VictorianSqualor Thu 02-Oct-08 17:49:54

LOL.
DS2 has just got his as well, at 24 weeks.
<scared>

theSuburbanDryad Thu 02-Oct-08 18:09:30

When she bites, take her off immediately, say, "No!" in a stern voice and put her down. If she cries, then let her cry, for 30 secs.

Do this every time she bites. She'll soon stop. <<heartless>>

MalchowMama Sat 04-Oct-08 22:11:27

I agree with theSuburbanDryad, that worked for my two lads. I wonder if you have started solids yet? As that often coincides with the arrival of teeth, I think they sometimes just get genuinely get confused and start to chew rather than suck.

In my experience, this passes fairly quickly, but I know what you mean about the fear and tension, it can be excruciating! I went on to nurse each of mine for 2 years, and many more teeth, with no problems after the initial week or so of adjustment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now