Talk

Advanced search

Occasional expressing / cup feeding?

(5 Posts)
SoftFroggie Tue 01-Mar-05 15:27:58

With DS1 I expressed most days, froze the EBM so others could bottle feed him so I could go out for the odd day / evening / overnight. I did this for several months mainly from 2 mo to 4 mo. All worked fine.

With DS2, I don't have the time to express as regularly - but feel that occasional expressing when I get the chance is unlikely to allow me to build up the extra supply I need. Any suggestions? Also, anyone experience of using one of those cups to put over the other breast when feeding to catch the milk leaking from there? Would that help? Where can I get one from (preferably internet)?

Also, I'm slightly less convinced at his aptitude to breast feed and less happy about mixing breast and bottle yet. I've heard about feeding from an open cup - might this be a good idea? He's 2 months old now. Or how about using a (for example) Avent Magic cup?

Any ideas? Wouldn't mind a full night's sleep! Many thanks.

nailpolish Tue 01-Mar-05 15:31:30

these cups are fantastic, called breast shells (i think) Avent make them and you can get them in boots. i used mine loads, feeding off one boob with the cup over the other, and i ended up with quite a lot of milk

i think boots have a website, or try babies r us or mothercare

a lot of people use an open cup, my midwife gave me a special very small cup thing with a long handle, no spout, as i had problems mixing breast and bottle

you get a lot of cups with spouts in the shops but i think most of them say from 3 mths

SoftFroggie Wed 02-Mar-05 19:55:11

Thanks nailpolish.

Bump for anyone else?

poppy101 Wed 02-Mar-05 19:57:05

You can buy the special baby feeding cups over the internet. I will have a look through my emails to see if I have the contact details ?

poppy101 Wed 02-Mar-05 19:59:20

No must have deleted. I believe that I might have seen them maybe on NCT.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: