Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WTF, blue/ green breast milk? am not a troll or a smurf.

(36 Posts)
SparkyFartDust Wed 01-Oct-08 21:59:42

I have recently gone back to work and for the first time for a while expressed the in evening.

my milk was blue. Not blue as in pale foremilk slight tinge of blue but blue(more duck egg blue than smurf blue)!

DP can verify (he thinks I'm a freak).

anyone else had / heard of this this

moondog Wed 01-Oct-08 23:29:36

Blimey!
What did you eat?

TooTicky Wed 01-Oct-08 23:33:19

Are you a yak?

TooTicky Wed 01-Oct-08 23:33:52

Or is it pink for yaks? hmm

LadyOfWaffle Wed 01-Oct-08 23:35:56

Mine looked very blue once, I think maybe the bottle had a slight slight slight tint?

Teddimac Wed 01-Oct-08 23:39:22

Erm, mine took on an odd greenish hue once...blush which I put down to being a bit keen on Berocca, you know that fizzy vitamin thing that makes your pi*s bright orange? Freaked me out enough to stop taking it for a while and it soon went back to normal.

But blue, now that is freaky grin

ghosty Wed 01-Oct-08 23:45:24

I had green/blue poo for a few days once and thought I was dying - I went to the doctor and had tests and everything. Exactly a year later I had it again shock It was only then that it dawned on me that the blue food colouring on DS's Thomas The Tank Engine birthday cake and the blue icing on his 4th birthday Car Cake had something to do with it.
blushgrin

Not that that helps you at all ... so maybe you are a smurf. Or an alien.

moondog Wed 01-Oct-08 23:51:01

Blimey Ghosty,how much didja eat??? grin

ghosty Wed 01-Oct-08 23:54:42

blush Rather a lot ... In fact, I actually made 2 Thomas cakes - a trial run and then a real one ...
It was really tasty icing though blush - all home made [smug]
Then the following year I drank a bottle of wine while icing the cake and so it was a case of "One for the cake, One for me, One for the cake, One for me, One for me, One for zhe cake ...." grin
grin

mabanana Wed 01-Oct-08 23:56:18

blue food colouring does make your poo blue - it's quite worrying until you work out why. I had a really tiny to be polite slice of Dr Who Tardis (turdis?) cake...

Shitehawk Thu 02-Oct-08 00:00:38

My milk was often very blue. Was always OK though ... and I promise I'm not a fraek grin

Teddimac Thu 02-Oct-08 00:01:22

And then there's beetroot, that's just scary shock

chipmonkey Thu 02-Oct-08 01:20:12

There have been threads on blue breast milk before, so you're not alone! Can't remember causes unfortunately.

ghosty, your story reminds me of when my dsis was about 6. She was getting undressed one day and my Mum noticed that her legs were blue. Mum brought her to the GP, thinking there was some circulation issue. Nothing found wrong. So some days her legs went blue again, other times they were fine and my parents were puzzled and worried.

Till one day she was taking a bath with my other sister who is older, and my other sister noticed the blue washing off into the water! Turns out it was a pair of trousers she used to wear which obviously weren't very colour-fast and were leaching dye onto her legs!grin

ghosty Thu 02-Oct-08 02:42:58

LOL @ chipmonkey's sis with blue legs grin

SparkyFartDust Thu 02-Oct-08 20:07:08

LOL at these posts.

expressed again tonight and it is blue- not just a tinge-I am going to express in morning tomorrow so that I can post a picture of it in the day light sun to prove it's blue credentials.

don't think I have eaten anything blue.

Bottle been same one used previously- not washed in biro or anything.

reassuring to hear you've had this Shitehawk.
feel less alone in my freakishness now.

baby still drank it...

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 02-Oct-08 20:10:40

mine went green and so did DS' poo. I eventually tracked it down to Boots New Mother vitamins, which come in dark green gel caps.

stopped taking them, milk returned to normal colour - but not before three different doctors had got involved!

SparkyFartDust Thu 02-Oct-08 20:43:13

thanks LittleMy

hmm, still wondering what on earth could be.

GreenMonkies Thu 02-Oct-08 20:49:26

Mine often had a blue tint, it's not unusual.

Show us a picture so we can see if yours is "normal" blue or freakishly blue!! grin

Ally90 Thu 02-Oct-08 21:05:01

I had milk with a green hue. But I am vegetarian...

beansprout Thu 02-Oct-08 21:06:26

Am looking forward to blue smurf milk. grin

Sycamoretree Thu 02-Oct-08 21:20:10

Hmm, mine did this once I started dieting (not idea if it was linked) but I was so worried it was what made me give up in the end. Not that I think you should! I just put it down to my drastically reduced calorie intake so I thought it was probably lacking the necessary fat etc, so I switched to formula blush

Sycamoretree Thu 02-Oct-08 21:21:01

Oh, mine was more green really - but like, really pronounced. DH was like, WTF? I threw it down the sink LOL!

orangehead Thu 02-Oct-08 21:24:51

My milk was once blue, but after I had had a blue wicked

wishingmummy Thu 02-Oct-08 21:34:56

completely normal- the fore milk(stuff that expresses first) is like skimmed milk, and does have a slightly bluish tinge to it, it is very watery. if you continue the expressing, creamier hind milk comes, this is like gold top, and is warmer in colour. shake the both up together, to mix and it will be fine.

SparkyFartDust Fri 03-Oct-08 20:40:12

well, I am veggie (apart from chicken I snaffle when no one else is looking) and I have lost weight recently- not trying to just prior to going back to work bacame boney (?stress).

It's not just the foremilk- it's the whole darn 6oz- bluey green I tells ya.

will take photo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now