Talk

Advanced search

possible oversupply / let down problem?

(4 Posts)
plumcake Wed 01-Oct-08 08:41:31

Hello - I'm wondering if I might have a problem with too much milk or maybe it just coming in too quickly. I have a 3 1/2 week son and for about half his feeds he seems fine and is calm at the breast and calmed by it. But at other times the milk seems to come really fast - I can see it bubbling around his mouth! He pulls off and on, gulps a lot and generally seems distressed for a while... I've also noticed that I have quite a powerful tingle in my nipples after some feeds (almost painful!). Could this be related? is there anything I can do to make it all more comfortable for him? Thanks for any advice!

Lurkinaround Wed 01-Oct-08 09:03:33

bumping for you

ConnorTraceptive Wed 01-Oct-08 10:25:18

I had a similar problem when ds2 was a few weeks old with over supply. Try only feeding from one side for a 3-4 hour period and then swap to the other side and only feed from there for 3-4 hours. Alternate like this for a day and see how you get on. I ended up doing it for two or three days but it did solve the problem.

plumcake Wed 01-Oct-08 12:15:32

Thanks ConnorTraceptive (great name!), I'll try that today - reassuring to hear it's potentially sort-able...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now