Talk

Advanced search

Tongue thrusting(and no it's not rude!!!!!!)

(9 Posts)
stewarty Mon 28-Feb-05 19:50:02

My ds fo the past four weeks has taken to pushing the bottle out of his mouth at every opportunity! He often does this after only 3ozs,he is 16 wks old ,then he cries and roots for the bottle I offer it to him the he pushes it out again.Then 10 mins later he takes it like he has never seen food!!Feeding time has become vv stressful,up to an hour every feed.Has anyone else experienced this ,and any tips,It's driving me bonkers as he is obviousely hungry!!

stewarty Mon 28-Feb-05 19:51:34

Oops forgot to say he pushes bottle out with his tongue which at the moment is constantly on the move.

misdee Mon 28-Feb-05 19:58:37

maybe change the teat, is it flowing too fast/slow for him?

prunegirl Mon 28-Feb-05 20:15:11

Message withdrawn

MrsBigD Mon 28-Feb-05 20:32:57

stewarty... could ds be teething? My ds started doing that at around the same time and around week 20/22 the first tooth came through. Now he keeps poking his tongue out because he keeps playing with his tooth

stewarty Tue 01-Mar-05 08:18:15

Thanks to all for tips,HV always a bit non-commital with advice.It's good to hear from the real pro's!!!

littlerach Tue 01-Mar-05 08:29:14

dd2 did that, and it drove me mad!!!!
she also never took very much milk.
we tried a beaker which did help for a while, then she stopped liking that!!!!!!!!

stewarty Tue 01-Mar-05 19:48:10

Littlerach,how did you solve the problem or are you nicely trying to tell me nothing worked

stewarty Tue 01-Mar-05 19:48:14

Littlerach,how did you solve the problem or are you nicely trying to tell me nothing worked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now