Talk

Advanced search

how long for boobs to stabilise?

(8 Posts)
Tipex Mon 28-Feb-05 15:26:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

throckenholt Mon 28-Feb-05 15:35:38

let him feed when he is ready to. Your breasts will figure out how to deal with it all soon - but maybe you will still feel full to bursting first thing in the morning if you are lucky enough to have a baby who figures out night time is for sleeping

stick with it - in probably a couple of weeks you will realise it is all balanced.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 28-Feb-05 15:37:56

3-4 hours is plenty spaced out enough for the first few weeks. I try to encourage lots of feeding during the day, so that hopefully the baby will be full enough not to need to eat in the night.

It sounds like you're doing just fine, don't worry, the engorgement etc does calm down.

Clayhead Mon 28-Feb-05 15:58:09

Early days yet, they will just settle eventually (soory, an annoying answer, I know!!).

4 1/2 hours...wow. I would have done (almost!) anything for that, mine were both 1-2 hour babies!

misdee Mon 28-Feb-05 15:59:35

i must be going mad, i read this as how mong for boobs to steralise

Clayhead Mon 28-Feb-05 16:01:13

misdee

misdee Mon 28-Feb-05 16:02:52

imagine holding them over a steam steralizer or dunking them into steralizing solution.

sorry tipex.

but have been feeding a week now and mine fll up every 2 hours, and now dd3 is going every 3hrs for feeds, so i spend a hour with tingling boobs.

Merlot Mon 28-Feb-05 16:04:33

Cant really remember...but I guess it was about four weeks? Although, we're all different of course

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: