Talk

Advanced search

Cow and Gate with prebiotics- please advise!

(6 Posts)
LazySleepy Fri 26-Sep-08 18:00:34

Hi,
My 6mo has been exclusively breastfed and I have just introduced the bottle around 10 days ago, I've put Cow and gate , she usually has 2-4 oz at a time once or twice a day. She seems happy and healthy but has always has runny poo within 10-20 mins of having the formula. Should I switch formula or is this her body's reaction to something different going in for the first time? Please help!

Combustiblelemon Fri 26-Sep-08 18:07:10

Could be the prebiotics. I think they can have a laxitive effect- to counteract the consipation formula can cause.

LazySleepy Fri 26-Sep-08 18:09:13

ok, so should i switch to a formula without prebiotics, am worried she might be constipated then?

Combustiblelemon Fri 26-Sep-08 18:19:35

I don't know- have never used formula- but I think from reading posts on here that it's very much trial and error. One works for one baby might upset the tummy of another.

If you keep bumping the thread I'm sure you'll get more helpful advice from someone.

LazySleepy Fri 26-Sep-08 18:52:37

thanks, CL. anyone? please help!

Seona1973 Fri 26-Sep-08 20:02:34

the prebiotics can cause runny poo but it doesnt mean they were constipated in the first place. About the only milk that doesnt contain them is Hipp organic and maybe sma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now