Talk

Advanced search

'Breast Behaviour'...or not

(5 Posts)
CheekyGirl Mon 28-Feb-05 09:44:36

Has anyone else had or got a baby like my 9wk old ds. Sometimes, for no apparant reason, he refuses the breast, particularly the right one. Either that or he only feeds for about 5 or 10 minutes and then screams, refusing all offers of more. Other times (esp at night, lol) he feeds nicely for around 20 to 30 minutes or even more.When he goes to sleep, sometimes he sleeps peacefully for up to 3 hours, other times he wakes every 10 or 15 minutes needing his dummy reinserted. I feel I don't know where I am with him, and I'm constantly on a knife edge wondering if we're going to have a nice feed or a nasty one, a good sleep or one where I'm rushing up the stairs every so often!!
I should point out that his weight gain seems fine!

Any ideas?? Is he normal!!?

Sarah

chipmonkey Mon 28-Feb-05 10:25:35

Sounds like a normal baby to me! Oddly enough I was going to post about the same thing myself. My ds3 seems to prefer the left breast to the right. . The feeding for a short time then screaming sounds like colic. If its driving you nuts, you can use colief and put a drop ON the breast before he starts. I found that helpful with ds2

docket Mon 28-Feb-05 10:47:38

Sounds like my ds, he used to be like this but he is now (18 wks) much more settled (don't know why but am not complaining!).

It is annoying but I guess if his weight gain is fine there is no need to worry too much

CheekyGirl Mon 28-Feb-05 13:33:03

Thanks! I really hope he does settle down. Actually, he's a lot better than he was - he used to only ever nap for about 10 minutes and then scream! I'm listening to him now, I've already been up once (he's been asleep 40mins) and he's grumbling again. I try not to go up too quickly to see if he will settle himself. He sometimes does. Not often! I just feel tense all the time esp if I'm on my own which I am now, as my dd is at nursery.

radiokent967 Wed 29-Jul-09 16:52:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now