Talk

Advanced search

FF poo question!

(8 Posts)
JordTyler Thu 25-Sep-08 11:17:16

Well the best way to describe it is clay! Very gray green? Not hard though, is this ok?

Have just stopped BF at 15 wo so this is new to me poo. He has juice once a day (baby concentrate).

sleepycat Thu 25-Sep-08 11:36:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JordTyler Thu 25-Sep-08 19:36:58

Thanks. Bumping myself now.

Seona1973 Thu 25-Sep-08 19:56:27

formula can turn poo green/grey/yellow and anything in between so that is nothing to worry about. As long as it is soft then the consistency isnt a problem either.

lulumama Thu 25-Sep-08 19:59:31

hi, have seen on the other thread you started he is 17 weeks, he does not, repeat not ,need juice

milk is his source of food and drink and babies should not be having anything other than milk, and possibly water, if it is veyr hot, until around 6 months in age

the juice might be affecting the colour

formula poo is usually firmer than breastfeed poo and colour wise is yellow ish.

does he have tummy ache?

EdithsMummy Thu 25-Sep-08 20:05:24

hi, Lulumama is completely right there - the juice could be the culprit for dodgy poos! Even if it isn't the reason, Lulumama is still right on the advice re juice - no need at so young...

JordTyler Thu 25-Sep-08 20:31:02

Thanks, will just give water in future. They really shouldn't sell these things if there not needed/suitable. I will say they have looked better today so it might have just been a temporary thing. Thanks again

lulumama Thu 25-Sep-08 20:58:51

you are right, but those food and drink manafacturers want an extra couple of months of buying their products out of you
if your baby is on hungrier baby formula, that can make their poo a bit harder, given them tummy ache.. a bit of extra water if he seems constipated might help, but nothing other than milk or water

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now