Talk

Advanced search

Growth spurt in Week 4?

(3 Posts)
milkmoustache Wed 24-Sep-08 20:59:51

We've had a couple of rough nights with DS, involving loads of evening feeds and then waking soon after - these feeds are 'proper' ones, no dozing off, emptying both sides, and also being really hard to settle. we have had much better nights than this and after two horrible nights my confidence is a bit shaky! My midwife reckons its a growth spurt and to hang on in there: is she just trying to make me feel better? How would you describe a growth spurt at this early stage?

feeble Wed 24-Sep-08 21:04:49

they have growth spurts approx every 3 weeks at this age they usually feed apparently non stop for a few days then in my experience have a few sleepy days, then suddlenly none of their clothes fit grin If you are breastfeeding this contant regular feeding is a way of increasing your milk supply. hoping to help
x
f

poppy34 Wed 24-Sep-08 21:27:23

like hell on earth - dd put on about 4 pounds in weeks 4/5.. it was a ridiculous non stop feeding festival and not sleeping.. it does stop and you are a bit beter adapted for next growth phases

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now