Talk

Advanced search

Nursing baby n.2

(7 Posts)
aurorec Wed 24-Sep-08 20:58:06

Just wanted to share!

With DD nursing was a nightmare- I had loads of milk, but a fast letdown which meant she would clamp on the nipple very painfully. I developed cracks and bleeding on both sides, and for about 3 months feeding was agony, and she would end each feed in tears.
I only kept going because she was obviously thriving- she was 90 percentile in both height and weight up til 8 months- she eventually self weaned at 14 months.

DS was born 12 days ago. I was initially dreading nursing and didn't get any help at all after birth at the hospital.
But miraculously it's been so easy! DS was cluster feeding practically straight away, to the point that milk came in less than 48 hours after birth.
I was sore on one side for a little bit, but with Lansinoh the pain vanished, his latch is perfect and best of all I can cuddle him after a feed! He's all contented and sleepy particularly at night (which was the problem time with my daughter)- I nurse him, cuddle him and put him right back in his crib by my bed, and he just goes right to sleep.... It's such a lovely feeling and so great to finally experience the bonding that's supposed to come with breast feeding!

Anyway sorry about the gush I just wanted to share with you all!

giddykipper Wed 24-Sep-08 20:59:27

{smile}

< sniff >

giddykipper Wed 24-Sep-08 20:59:40

smile

cali Wed 24-Sep-08 21:00:34

pleased that it has been easier for you this time, hope he continues like this for you, he sounds lovely envy

pinkspottywellies Wed 24-Sep-08 21:00:50

Congratulation on new DS and on such a successful start. smile

tiktok Wed 24-Sep-08 21:10:11

charchargabor Wed 24-Sep-08 21:22:23

awwww smile And congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now