Talk

Advanced search

does any one know where I can find a "breastfeeding welcome" type sign?

(13 Posts)
bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 24-Sep-08 16:11:26

A lady who comes to our toddler group confided in me last week that she was under the impression that it was frowned on as all the other mums were bottle feeding.

it just happens that at the moment hers is the only baby in the group who is breastfed but I really wouldn't want another Mum to feel the way she has so I thought I would try and find a sign like the no smoking type but pro breastfeeding.

I hope that makes sense... anyone know where I can find one?

hiccymapops Wed 24-Sep-08 16:17:41

Sorry i can't help, but i just wanted to say i think it's a brilliant idea smile I breastfed my little boy, and i would have felt a lot better if i'd seen a sign letting me know it wasn't frowned upon.

hiccymapops Wed 24-Sep-08 16:19:22

Come to think of it, i have seen some pro breastffeding signs in cars. Would they do? Not sure where they're from though.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 24-Sep-08 16:20:50

just seen one on google but can't get the link to work.

moondog Wed 24-Sep-08 16:21:28

Assoc. for breastfeeding Mothers probably do one.

moondog Wed 24-Sep-08 16:21:37

NorbertDentressangle Wed 24-Sep-08 16:21:37

If you google "breastfeeding welcome" you get these so you could see if any of them can be used without copyright issues (or design your own based on one of them).

Alternatively google "breastfeeding welcome" together with your county as many have countywide signs that are displayed in cafes/shops etc

moondog Wed 24-Sep-08 16:21:46

missblythe Wed 24-Sep-08 16:22:41

Could you contact you local NCT branch and ask to speak to their Breast Feeding Consultant?

The one here is in charge of giving just this type of sign to shops/cafes etc if they are happy to have BF in their establishment, so am sure they would be able to help.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 24-Sep-08 16:25:15

thanks everyone - will speak to NCT and look at moondog's suggestion. smile

liahgen Wed 24-Sep-08 16:30:01

email me

lisa.bethel@blueyonder.co.uk

I have some that i can pass on to you, I get them from LLL, abm, and in my work as a doula.

liahgen Wed 24-Sep-08 16:30:02

email me

lisa.bethel@blueyonder.co.uk

I have some that i can pass on to you, I get them from LLL, abm, and in my work as a doula.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 24-Sep-08 17:01:38

email broken at the moment - DH going to fix it when he comes in tonight so will email tomorrow if that is ok - THANK YOU!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now