Talk

Advanced search

4 month old won't take bottle

(5 Posts)
jellytoes Wed 24-Sep-08 13:12:46

Anyone got any tips? Going back to work next month and Ds will be missing a couple of feeds. But he won't take the bottle...O.K I have only just begun but he really wasn't impressed and so I latched him on as he only took about 2oz (out of shock I think!)

LullyMummaOfOne Wed 24-Sep-08 14:20:29

Have you tried someone else giving him the bottle? My midwife told me that its likely your baby can smell your breast milk & your smell in general which is why they refuse the bottle. When my DH tried my DS drank the whole lot!!

It takes a while but im sure it will work out in the end.
Good luck

LullyMummaOfOne Wed 24-Sep-08 14:20:46

Have you tried someone else giving him the bottle? My midwife told me that its likely your baby can smell your breast milk & your smell in general which is why they refuse the bottle. When my DH tried my DS drank the whole lot!!

It takes a while but im sure it will work out in the end.
Good luck

Seeline Wed 24-Sep-08 14:21:49

Sorry to be unhelpful but my little darling never took a bottle, I was still bfing at 15mths shock

jellytoes Wed 24-Sep-08 16:56:58

Well my DD aged 3 never did either but I didn't work with her. I have to go back next month so it's imperitive to get him onto it!!!
I'll try the husband thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now