Talk

Advanced search

How much milk for 6mth old who's now taking baby rice??

(3 Posts)
Sammyg81 Tue 23-Sep-08 13:24:50

My ds son has only been on bottle for 3 wks and is taking rice twice a day now. I was feeding him at night myself until last wk, as I was so exhausted and couldn't cope with getting up to feed him.

He seems to be taking alot of milk still, even though he's having the rice now too. Does anyone know how much he should be having?

He is also waking up 4 or 5 times a night for a bottle, albeit not very much, but I'm not sure how to wittle that down either.

Does anyone have any tips or advice please? Thanks

feeble Tue 23-Sep-08 13:53:28

Sorry I BF Both of mine at this stage so cant help with actual amount of milk. Only to say that rice has hardly any nutritional value so in my experience they don't tend to drop the amount they drink until they are eating much more solids
We all find it exhausting at some time or another heres a [hug] to help you through
x

MuffinMclay Tue 23-Sep-08 13:58:52

At this stage ds2 was having 4/5 bottles a day (210-240 ml each time). Didn't do baby rice though, just normal food.

A month or so later, now solids are established, he has 3 bottles of 210ml.

Do you dream feed?
Is it defintely hunger that wakes him in the night? Could he be cold, teething, something else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now