Talk

Advanced search

Recommend formula

(7 Posts)
zuzkah Tue 23-Sep-08 13:02:33

Hi, Im thinking of introducing one formula feed to my 10 months old son. I'm lost in all the brands. Could you please recommend which one you are happy/unhappy with? Thanks

LaVie Tue 23-Sep-08 13:08:31

My son preferred aptimil over sma. Sma tended to constipate him. Although Aptimil is twice the price!

My hv recommended aptimil over Sma even though I don't think she is supposed to!

I think it's trial and error tbh. If your ds doeasn't like one just try another until you hit on one he likes.

Seona1973 Tue 23-Sep-08 13:09:03

My dd was ok on sma gold and progress and ds used aptamil first and hungry baby and also cow and gate follow on. Why not get a few small cartons and try your lo with them to see which he likes best?

Karathraceandherspecialdestiny Tue 23-Sep-08 13:10:53

I tried them all personally and the only one I thought tasted at all ok was hipp organic. Like you I introduced it late on in the first year. my dd loved it so carried on until she was about 14 months.

HensMum Tue 23-Sep-08 13:18:54

We use Aptamil on advice from HV. Never had any problem with it although DS does tend to be sick after he's had a carton rather than powder.

cafebistro Tue 23-Sep-08 13:25:12

I used Aptamil with DS and never had any problems.

zuzkah Tue 23-Sep-08 14:04:51

THanks to all.
Seona - thats great advice, I might try that.
Hope he will like formula. Are you using a cup? Could you also recommend? I dont want to start him on bottles. Thanks for all your input.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now