Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

descaling avent steam sterilizer

(9 Posts)
Beansmum Sat 26-Feb-05 13:37:55

How do I do this?

I know the answer is on here somewhere because I remember explaining it to someone else ages ago, but can't find it now and have lost my instructions.

I have some citric acid, what next?

popsycal Sat 26-Feb-05 13:38:37

erm i just bought a packet of stuff from boots
steam steriliser descaler
and it had instructions..

BadHair Sat 26-Feb-05 13:42:36

Instructions are here . I bookmarked them ages ago when I lost our leaflet.

Beansmum Sat 26-Feb-05 13:51:20

thanks! I've bookmarked it too. It says descale every 4 weeks, whoops! I've had my sterilizer for 9 months and descaled it twice.

lunarx Thu 03-Mar-05 14:28:26

i used to just clean the scale off with the clean, new sponge every 3 or 4 weeks...

Sponge Thu 03-Mar-05 14:44:46

But lots of the scale is below the bit you can reach with a sponge Lunarx so you do need to use citric acid, otherwise you end up with bits in your bottles in the end.

lunarx Thu 03-Mar-05 16:05:20

i never had a problem with any bits in my bottles, but maybe i was just lucky!

Anchovy Thu 03-Mar-05 16:37:35

The instructions say use citric acid, but its really hard to get it in the shops. Apparently its used by druggies for something and they won't sell it unless you look the right type. Nowhere would sell it to my nanny (early 20's, casually dressed, couple of piercings) so she borrowed some from another nanny she was friends with from DS's Crechendo class whose mother was a tv micro-celebrity who is occasionally in Hello!!!! Every time there is a thread on knowing famous people I hesitate as to whether to say "DS's steriliser was cleaned by citric acid belonging to XX's son". You have to admit its a pretty good claim to fame. (Also he used to come round and play, and once had to go home wearing DS's trousers after an accident: I was also going to add in "Micro-celebrity XX washed DS's trousers" but I thought you would really think I was showing off with my nearly show-biz lifestyle!)

Sponge Thu 03-Mar-05 16:40:33

Boots will order it for you although they don't stock it as a matter if course. It's easier to get from smaller, independent pharmacies I've found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now