Talk

Advanced search

5 month old suddenly not hungry...help!

(3 Posts)
Junipero Sat 20-Sep-08 15:27:08

My 5 month old DD has suddenly become much less hungry. She is ff and has 4 bottles per day. She takes the first one in the morning and the last one at night ok, but the middle two she either takes a few ounces or flatly refuses to have any at all!

She seems perfectly happy in herself, usual wet and dirty nappies, so I am thinking it may be her teeth???

Last week she seemed to want more and was finishing all her bottles - maybe that was a growth spurt?

Anyway, as she seems happy and content, should I worry? Is this normal?

Many thanks, really appreciate any advice smile

pudding25 Sat 20-Sep-08 20:34:29

My dd is 4mths 1wk and she changes weekly as to how much she eats. She is mixed fed. The other wk, when she had her bottle, she would only take 60ml, now, she is taking at least double that. Sometimes she bf for ages, sometimes for a few mins. I think it is normal (but if you are worried, best ask dr or hv just to put your mind at rest).

Junipero Sat 20-Sep-08 22:14:11

Pudding, thanks so much for replying. You are right, they do change so much....just when you think you have them figured out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now