Talk

Advanced search

Changing between formulas?

(6 Posts)
EyeballsintheSky Thu 18-Sep-08 23:16:12

Just idle curiosity as DD is 8 mo now so I'm counting down till cows' milk...

I thought I read somewhere that the idea that you couldn't change formula was nonsense but I might have dreamt it. I don't mean using one and then changing permanently. I mean more like using formula A, running out and dashing in a panic to the all night Spar where they only sell Formula B. Using that for a couple of feeds until you get to the supermarket and stock up on formula A.

Am I talking rubbish?

EyeballsintheSky Thu 18-Sep-08 23:17:14

Oh and I'm not about to change brands to go out and buy the half price Farleys btw!

thisisyesterday Thu 18-Sep-08 23:21:24

we found with ds1 that only a couple suited him. some made him very constipated, some made him sick. so figured it was best to stick with one.

tiktok Thu 18-Sep-08 23:53:53

Of course you can change formula - it's a big myth you can't.

EyeballsintheSky Thu 18-Sep-08 23:59:57

It was probably you that mentioned it tiktok I knew I'd read it somewhere on here. What got me thinking was the fuss about not taking cartons through security at the airport and what if Boots on the other side didn't have your brand. As it happened Boots had everything and no one batted an eyelid at my cartons anyway... hmm

OatcakeCravings Fri 19-Sep-08 09:56:11

I can't see how it would be a problem except if your DD didn't like the new formula. My son started on SMA but it wasn't going down well so we changed to Aptimil but he really didn't like that so we changed to Cow and Gate and he loved it. So I guess the problem would be that if you nipped out to Spar and bought a different kind of formula you daughter might not take it. That was my experience anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: