Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help!!!

(4 Posts)
ang22 Tue 16-Sep-08 22:28:43

my son is 6 weeks old and has all the syptoms you guys are describing. He will drink 2 oz then stretch out screaming like he has wind then cry cos he wants more milk but after one gulp screams again. in the end i have to give up and then of course he is hungry again after a couple of hours so we have no routine. I cant go out any where with him in case he screams and i have a very fed up two year old. Any suggestions as HV just tells me not to change his milk as he is so young but i am going mad. I did not think it was reflux as he sleeps fine lying down and sometimes sitting up does nothing.

StealthPolarBear Wed 17-Sep-08 09:37:11

sorry no advice but bump

tiktok Wed 17-Sep-08 09:59:00

I think the HV is quite wrong in telling you not to change his milk - ask her why she says this! Plenty of mothers swap brands and types of milk - there are several to try, and it's not uncommon for mothers to swap.

Hope you find something that helps.

chloeb2002 Wed 17-Sep-08 22:28:05

i suspect what the HV means is that you dont need to go down the lactose free/ goats or soy formula routes? chnaging brand type may be worth trying but she is probably right and ds will just settle, ive not had a formula bub but from talimng to people its quite common that they take a while to get used to digesting it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now