Talk

Advanced search

Formula and manic baby

(2 Posts)
WidgetWB Tue 16-Sep-08 21:42:58

Its a long old story this one, but a very short version is - I put ds3 on Aptimil at 10.30pm bottle for one feed per day. After three or four days there was a rash all over his head and he was getting progressively more alert and almost manic. He wasn't settling at night, waking up screaming for food, rigid, unbendable, frantic tossing of head, scratching his ears, etc etc. The rash went, as did the other symptoms when I stopped formula. I then tried Goats Milk which did the same thing but not to quite the same extent - but I only did it for three days because someone told me it was bad for their kidneys and lacking in vitamins and folic acid and had been banned in this country and US. I would have carried on if it had worked, but it didn't.

We are now totally breast fed again which is fine but he is 11 weeks old and I have two other kids to sort out and get to school etc, and it takes a long time to breast feed him.

There are so many suggestions, omneo comfort, lactose free, pepti junior, I don't know which one to try first.

I was really wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with their baby and if they resolved it?

Please help - I am going round in circles and its taking a long time to sort out as I don't know where I am going. Every time i research one thing or the other it comes up with negatives which makes me doubt my theories. The docs and health visitors are useless, they want me to go to pepti junior which I think is mad as its just assuming he is allergic to cows milk which may not be the problem.

I can't cope with my baby being so frantic when he is usually so calm and smiley and lovely!

Janus Tue 16-Sep-08 22:20:15

I can only sympathise, I have 3dd, other 2 are 5 and 8 and the school run, end of day homework, etc, is manic!!
I am breastfeeding too and agree that the time involved is, obviously, longer than formula and can be tiring to say the least!
The only formula I have ever used (with previous dds) is Hipp Organic as I figured it would have less additives, etc. You can buy it in large supermarkets like Sainsburys but I've not seen in Boots, etc. Perhaps as it has less chemicals in it it may be better for your ds3? Sorry I can't be more help but hope this may help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now