Talk

Advanced search

BF babies - when to start looking for a pattern?

(5 Posts)
milkmoustache Tue 16-Sep-08 16:03:44

I have totally forgotten when I started to detect a pattern with DD's feeding, and now DS is here it would be really useful to be reminded. I know it won't be for quite a while as he isn't even 3 weeks yet, but just need my memory jogging!

milkmoustache Tue 16-Sep-08 16:23:40

anyone?

missblythe Tue 16-Sep-08 16:26:14

If I remember correctly-and that's a prety big if!-DD started to get herself into a bit of a rountine at about 6 weeks, feeding every 3 hours or so, but still cluster feeding in the evening.

Is that helpful?

Congratulations on your new tiny!

milkmoustache Tue 16-Sep-08 16:28:27

Thanks. Oh god - MORE cluster feeding on the horizon??!! Still am crossing my fingers that DS will continue to demand just 2 feeds a night as he has been so far - yes, I am a hopeless optimist!

MoChan Tue 16-Sep-08 16:32:41

I think it must depend on the baby. Mine never really seemed to settle into a pattern early on. Well, except to feed *all day every day* for the first six months or thereabouts.

I think the only pattern emerged once she was down to about four feeds a day, and this only happened when she was about ten months old sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now