Talk

Advanced search

Can I go away from DS for a weekend?

(8 Posts)
Stefka Mon 15-Sep-08 19:57:11

He would be coming up for one at the time. I am currently feeding him twice a day - morning and night.

Would my milk stop if I didn't feed for a weekend? I would be leaving Friday so could feed that am and then be back Sunday eve.

Tommy Mon 15-Sep-08 19:59:05

I recently went away for the weekend and left 16m old DS at home. He went 4 days without a feed. I expressed the first evening I was away but after that was fine. He went to back to it no problem

Stefka Mon 15-Sep-08 20:00:40

Did you get engorged at all? How much did you have to express?

Stefka Mon 15-Sep-08 20:01:18

I wouldn't go if I thought it was going to be a risk to breastfeeding. I am scared it will make my milk dry up!

Bumperlicious Mon 15-Sep-08 21:05:59

I can manage to go every other day without feeding DD, but I only feed her once a day usually. I don't get engorged either.

I would think you would be fine. People report still having milk months after stopping feeding.

Tommy Tue 16-Sep-08 09:19:46

I only expressed on the first evening I was away because I was engorged. If you're worried about supply, why not take a pump and express every day (or twice?). To be honest, I wsn't worried about supply as I thought it might be a god time to stop anyway but DS3 had other ideas grin

You should be fine at a year

ghosty Tue 16-Sep-08 09:31:05

I went away for 2 nights when DD was 8 months old. I expressed when I was a bit full (a couple of times both days) and left it at that. She went back to it with no problems at all after I got home ...

laundrylover Tue 16-Sep-08 10:02:24

I agree iwth the other posters Stefka....just express if you feel full - I usually do it in the shower/bath. If you want to express and keep it for later, the hotle should be able to put a bottle of EBM in the fridge if you dare askgrin!

Have a ball woman!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now