Talk

Advanced search

BREAST FAVOURITISM -What's that all about then...?

(8 Posts)
BubblingUnder Mon 15-Sep-08 00:52:21

DS loves the right boob but won't touch the left (unless it's the middle of the night and he's half asleep and already near sated by the right).

Not sure if relevant, but I've had months of chronic problems with infections in breasts and the skin around nipples is very inflamed as a result. But as far as i can tell that's true of both sides so why is he so choosy?

BubblingUnder Mon 15-Sep-08 01:50:09

(By the way, he's been like this for two or three weeks now.)

jabberwocky Mon 15-Sep-08 01:56:37

Both of mine vastly preferred the left one over the right. I think it's fairly common.

Ready4anotherCoffee Mon 15-Sep-08 02:57:50

all of mine feed/fed more frequently from the left. not sure how much was their preferance, and how much was down to me needing my right hand for drinking coffee and mninggrin

BubblingUnder Mon 15-Sep-08 10:20:40

That's the problem Ready4, he's lying on my coffee arm. Going to need an intravenous coffee drip...

Could you two persuade yours onto the out of favour one though? -I'm in danger of mastitis bc he is so adamant.

PeppermintPatty Mon 15-Sep-08 10:25:21

DD preferred the left one. Although she would except either when really hungry! I've know idea how the preference thing comes about though.

Ready4anotherCoffee Mon 15-Sep-08 11:19:42

yes, although it was easier in bed. I can now operate a mouseand drink coffee with my left hand thoughgrin

On a serious note, what about expressing a little to reduce the pressure then trying him?

grin iv coffee

BubblingUnder Tue 16-Sep-08 20:37:53

And iv chocolate of course...

Thanks for all your answers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now