Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher discoloured teats - do I need to chuck them?

(9 Posts)
hotmama Thu 24-Feb-05 11:02:56

Doh - just took bottles etc out of the dishwasher and the teats have got an orange hue because they have been discoloured as also being washed was last nights tea stuff.

DD is nearly 5 months so feeding stuff will be sterilized, apart from being discoloured the teats seem perfectly O.K.

Do I need to chuck them or just have a wry smile at being a bit of a muppet?

irishbird Thu 24-Feb-05 11:21:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Thu 24-Feb-05 11:32:43

Mine did this - they were otherwise perfectly clean so continued to use them.

NomDePlume Thu 24-Feb-05 11:34:04

As did mine. They are totally fine.

Gobbledigook Thu 24-Feb-05 11:36:21

Ditto with Irishbird - don't worry as long as they are sterilised - it is the tomato and if you are using jar baby food, that's a killer for staining orange too!!

BTW, why sterilise feeding equipment? I've never done that and all 3 of mine survived! Just wash in hot water and then use - you aren't storing milk in spoons and bowls so there isn't the same issue as with bottles.

Gobbledigook Thu 24-Feb-05 11:36:55

Sorry, didn't mean to sound bossy!! Just thought I'd let you know you could save yourself a job!

Bozza Thu 24-Feb-05 11:40:37

All mine have always been orange with both kids.

hotmama Thu 24-Feb-05 11:45:18

Thanks for your advice- didn't feel like going out into the snow to get more teats.

I'm sterilizing as dd is less than 6 months and thought advice was sterilize up to 6 months?

DD isn't being weaned yet - the feeding stuff is still bottles - the orange hue was from mine and dp's tea.

Gobbledigook Thu 24-Feb-05 11:46:14

Oh I seee! Yes, I still sterilise bottles (ds3 is 5.5 months) but have never sterilised bowls and spoons with any of mine. Will probably stop sterilising bottles in the next few months as he's shoving all manner of things in his mouth now anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now