Talk

Advanced search

Do I have any milk feeding once a day?

(2 Posts)
likessleep Sat 13-Sep-08 22:29:35

Hi,

I am gradually weaning my 10 and a half month son from breast to bottle (latest change being that I dropped from 2 to 1 feed about a fortnight ago).

Anyhow, I am quite enjoying giving one feed a day, but concerned he isn't getting anything!

He is feeding totally different now - he goes on for 10 minutes each side. But he never seems 'finished'. After this, he is quite happy and proactive in going back on (I sit in bed for a while with him and he launches at my boob after a few minutes of coming off) and never seems as 'satisfied' as he was.

When I was on a few feeds a day, he finished and then that was it, wasn't seeking the boob back out!

Also, I have given him a couple of extra formula ounces after his breakfast and he heartily takes this.

Do you think I actually have any milk on me, feeding just once a day? I'd like to continue if he is, because it is so easy and I don't have to get up early for formula grin, but he is behaving so differently that I wonder if he is sucking one empty sad

It isn't a major thing, as I was intending to stop anyhow, but more of a thought really.

Thanks

likessleep Sat 13-Sep-08 22:30:48

Sucking on empty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now