Message withdrawn

foxytocin Thu 11-Sep-08 23:06:10

Right.

foxytocin Thu 11-Sep-08 23:06:38

Meconium nappies been and gone?

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 11-Sep-08 23:15:23

Message withdrawn

foxytocin Thu 11-Sep-08 23:17:59

Meconium out in first 24 hrs is a great start. Sounds like all is well. Go bond in bed Star and stop worrying.

oh, send me HWB vibes.

moondog Thu 11-Sep-08 23:19:06

Sounds good. She is getting the milk to flow.
Congratulations. smile
Hope you are being looked after?

onepieceoflollipop Thu 11-Sep-08 23:20:19

(congratulations btw)

My dd1 on day 3 or day 4 slept for 7-8 hours (only as a one off mind) and I was so anxious. I kept trying to wake her up and put her to the breast as my milk had just come in and I was desperate physically and also was worried.

Anyway, the midwife did her routine call quite late in the afternoon. She was a fab and "motherly" experienced midwife. She said to me that if dd had slept for 7 hours in the night everyone would have been delighted and told me she was a good baby!

She told me to make a little note to make sure she was having a good feed at least x number of times in 24 hours (she said on average 6 I think, but she also said that was a minimum, she wasn't advocating a routine)

Just thought that might help you.

onepieceoflollipop Thu 11-Sep-08 23:21:37

p.s. meant to add that she then wanted to feed for hours at a time, and yelled like mad if I took her off. (in desperation she once latched onto dh's earlobe while I nipped to the loo grin)

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 11-Sep-08 23:39:02

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Sep-08 09:29:19

Message withdrawn

onepieceoflollipop Fri 12-Sep-08 11:37:19

Wow good for you Starlight. Don't forget to eat lots of cake snacks today. Keep your energy levels up.

99redballoons Fri 12-Sep-08 12:57:52

Hi starlight, get some LANSINOH cream, it's great! It keeps your nipples moist the first week and you don't have to wash it off before baby latches. Put it on at night to help prevent cracked nipples from a poor latch at night. It's about £8-10 for a tube, from Boots if I remember, but well worth it. HTH.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 12-Sep-08 14:26:34

Message withdrawn

99redballoons Fri 12-Sep-08 14:54:57

Def dig it out. I thought I had the latch right with dd and maybe got a bit complacent as we didn't have the problems I had with ds (he had a tongue-tie and it took forever for us to get bf right, but did for 9 mo!) and I got a cracked nip and then mastitis. It was only after that episode I discovered Lansinoh.

My sis used it for the first two weeks when her dd was born and she was hardly sore at all, only during the first few days when nips toughen up.

Hope you get some more sleep tonight x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now