Talk

Advanced search

Weaning query

(11 Posts)
TettyLouBar Tue 09-Sep-08 20:30:49

At what point/age/weight did you decide to start weaning? your experiences pls?

girliefriend Tue 09-Sep-08 20:35:06

I started weaning at the earliest they reccommend 17 weeks! Had a sense that dd was about ready and she was - she loves her grub and always has done! Think it depends on the individual baby and how hungry they seem and how interested they are in putting things in their mouth and food in general! XxX

RubySlippers Tue 09-Sep-08 20:39:44

i weaned too early sad

had a horrid experience that i still feel guilty about

recommended weaning is at 26 weeks at the moment

FWIW, with my next DC i woudl wait until 26 weeks or near as dammit

TettyLouBar Tue 09-Sep-08 20:41:50

rubyslippers: what happened??

onepieceoflollipop Tue 09-Sep-08 20:43:16

dd1 - 21 weeks. In retrospect we could have waited until nearer 26 weeks.

dd2 26 weeks, which seemed right for her. (she played with a couple of bits of soft fruit etc from 25 weeks)

takingitasitcomes Tue 09-Sep-08 20:43:57

Yes - what can go wrong so badly???

RubySlippers Tue 09-Sep-08 20:44:49

i started him on baby rice and at the next nappy change there was blood in his nappy

he was 16 weeks

i have NEVER forgiven myself

i stoppped immediately

FWIW, if you can wait until 26 weeks then wait

there is NO hurry to wean

takingitasitcomes Tue 09-Sep-08 20:50:37

Oh Rubyslippers - poor you! I was already planning to wait til 26 weeks (mostly 'cause it's easier to bf than puree stuff) and am now even more keen to wait.

RubySlippers Tue 09-Sep-08 20:53:43

yep - was pretty horrid

wait - so much easier to BF and when you are ready you can do Baby Led Weaning blog here

TettyLouBar Tue 09-Sep-08 20:55:48

Oh dear that sounds awful rubyslippers. sad Didn't realise that sort of thing could happen!

littleducks Tue 09-Sep-08 20:56:07

dd was 5 and a half months ish, but we just offered food blw style so she didnt actually consume much till after six months and was on three meals a day much later

ds is currently 5 months and i looking forward to giving him some food and sitting round the table as a family, will do so next month

at about 4 months he did dramatically increase his milk intake (am bfing) and it can be a test of faith, but after 3 weeks or so it tailed off and he is very happy on his milk although is fidgety because of teething

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now