Talk

Advanced search

(battlestar) GALACTOLOGUES... what do we know about them? which are the best ones? i don't much like porridge, unfortunately.

(17 Posts)
Aitch Tue 09-Sep-08 15:59:32

is there a tincture or something i can take that will Make It All Easy for me?

foxytocin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:00:31

and you feed it to those babyledweiners all the time. what a hypocrite.

congratulations on being home now btw.

foxytocin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:02:03

I used fenugreek in capsule form (holland and barrett) You increase the dose by 1 every day till your sweat and milk smells of it. like maple syrup.

For me it was after having 3 tabs 3x a day

Aitch Tue 09-Sep-08 16:03:02

cheers. i know i know about the porridge. i'll get drummed out of scotland at this rate. don't like whisky either. shock

anyway, move along cheeky fox, i'm in the market for Actual Help here, not smart-arsery. grin

Aitch Tue 09-Sep-08 16:03:44

ah. x-post. did the fenugreek work? i tried it with dd and smelled uncomfortably of old curry.

wontbepreggersagain Tue 09-Sep-08 16:06:09

fenugreek worked for me- i did take stupid ammounts though and smelt like a curry factory but boobs were bursting the next daygrin i tend to have a four day fenugreek blast every month just to boost it all up a bit- dh avoids me for that week wink

Aitch Tue 09-Sep-08 16:07:37

yeah i thought so... maple syrup my arse.

might pop along to the herbalists just now.

buttercreamfrosting Tue 09-Sep-08 16:19:08

Fenugreek capsules worked for me too. I really liked the smell...blush

BouncingTurtle Tue 09-Sep-08 16:25:49

Aitch I'm just shock that you don't like porridge! Pah! Call yourself a Scotswoman?

grin

Glad to see you are out of the hospital BTW!

iwantasecondone Tue 09-Sep-08 16:28:24

One more cheer for fenugrek here. Gave up BF and went back to it a week later with it. Fab.

foxytocin Tue 09-Sep-08 16:47:27

Well, I smelled like maple syrup! and yes, it did work for me. [smug]

t'is kiskidee anyway. What is this you jumping the queue and having your baby before me? [hurt]

charchargabor Tue 09-Sep-08 17:06:34

Here's a link from Kellymom about galactogues, unless you've already seen it. Could you eat flapjacks instead of porridge? Congratulations btw smile

Turniphead1 Tue 09-Sep-08 17:17:19

God I wished I smelled like maple syrup on fengureek. I smelled like a Chiken Tikka Balti. DH called me "curry pits". Which was nice. Does work though.

wastingmyeducation Tue 09-Sep-08 18:34:09

Flapjacks, fenugreek and fennel tea.
Good luck!
(I've been bingeing on your blw blog today, so nice to join in in offering advice back!)

xx

Caz10 Tue 09-Sep-08 22:00:03

Congrats on the new babbie!!

I used this and found it really really helped - stopped after a month or so because all seemed well, then found it later in the cupboard and thought I may as well use it up...promptly got engorged and a blocked duct within 2 days! (sorry i know that's not a good ad, but i just mean it worked well!).

All the oats in the world didn't work

Yes, i did smell like curry!

And they're lovely Scottish ladies at that company too!

chandellina Wed 10-Sep-08 14:30:55

i am using fenugreek and blessed thistle and it seems to have given a boost. not sure though if i should keep taking it indefinitely?? (has been about a week now)

Aitch Mon 15-Sep-08 12:15:24

got that mothers milk stuff and am also taking fenugreek. i'm MAD for the galactologues! grin

i can confirm that I smell of curry and dd2 smells of maple syrup. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now