Talk

Advanced search

DS 4 days away from being 1 and just run out of formula! Moo milk now?

(18 Posts)
Tinkjon Tue 09-Sep-08 12:09:04

I've just run out of formula and DS is a year old on Saturday. Would you just switch to cow's milk now, or buy another carton of formula?

If somebody else asked this question I'd say "stop fussing and just wsitch to cow's milk now - what difference will a few days make?!" but I'm nothing if not a worrier about my own He's not even a pfb

hana Tue 09-Sep-08 12:10:10

I would just go ahead with cows milk

soremummy Tue 09-Sep-08 12:10:16

Full fat milk. Go for it

nopainnogain Tue 09-Sep-08 12:10:24

Switch!

ElenorRigby Tue 09-Sep-08 12:11:15

Yep go for it!

windyweather Tue 09-Sep-08 12:12:33

Go for it,I would use cow milk, dd was 11 months when I switched her. She is now 6.10 and never stops drinking it.
He will love it and easier for you, no more bottles to make up.grin

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 12:12:40

Message withdrawn

ForeverOptimistic Tue 09-Sep-08 12:12:58

Debenhams pyjamas for boys aged 4-5

MarlaSinger Tue 09-Sep-08 12:13:31

Why, Fio?

<has an almost-11 month old, curious>

sitdownpleasegeorge Tue 09-Sep-08 12:19:36

I was such a fraidy cat with ds1 that I gradually introduced cows milk into his regular formula feed bottles until he was used to the difference in taste.

With ds2 I tried him on cows milk when he was 1 or when the last carton of milk ran out at about that time. He drank it no problem so I didn't bother with introducing it gradually.

Tinkjon Tue 09-Sep-08 12:20:53

Thanks everyone, moo milk it is!

He drinks it fine, FioFio, not a problem at all. He's had the odd drink of it at times and he doesn't seem to notice the difference. DD was the same, was never fussed about switching at all. I know a lot of babies refuse it though. So I hope your hat is especially tasty

Windyweather, the bottles is another thing I'm not sure about - he will drink from a cup, but he doesn't drink much that way, and he's not that great at it, spits it out a lot and is a bit spluttery with it. So it may be bottles for a bit longer. Also <sssshhh, don't tell anyone> we/he uses a bottle milk of milk to fall asleep so am curious about what will happen if that is taken away, though of course we have to sort that out.

Forever, am intrigued about the pyjamas comment

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 12:22:41

Message withdrawn

TheHerdNerd Tue 09-Sep-08 12:24:24

Fio - small bowler or sombrero?

Tinkjon Tue 09-Sep-08 12:25:19

Fio, he is very awkward in virtually every single other respect, if that makes you feel better Still wakes up 3 or 4 times a night, too... [zzzzz]

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 12:25:23

Message withdrawn

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 12:25:57

Message withdrawn

ElenorRigby Tue 09-Sep-08 12:28:04

Our DD is 12 months old and switched to cows milk without a hitch too!
Tinkjon...
I found a cup that looks similar to a bottle made by Tommee Tippee, it even has a silicone teat type thing. We're using that to wean DD off her bottles.

Tinkjon Tue 09-Sep-08 13:52:25

elenor, what's the name of the cup, do you know? I've been through them all, I think, but am always interested in new recommendations! It's not the non-spill one, is it? He can't do that one, if so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now