Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding constantly after virus, refusing solids - normal or not?

(5 Posts)
squigglywig Mon 08-Sep-08 09:00:38

DD had very, very mild stomach virus (was sick once, runny nappies for a few days). Viral rash on Friday - gone now. No longer so tired or pale.

She's still breastfeeding like a newborn though and really doesn't want her solids - normally she eats like a 3yr old! Is this just because she is very wise and knows that breastmilk is full of bug-fighting stuff or do I need to help her get back on to solids quick-sharp?

squigglywig Mon 08-Sep-08 09:01:01

Oops - should have said she's nearly 8 months.

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 09:02:24

I'd say it's quite normal tbh.
I remember when DS1 was really ill just after his 1st birthday and stopped eating but I'd stopped BFing a month beforehand, Gosh how I wished I hadn't stopped!

squigglywig Mon 08-Sep-08 09:06:25

Thanks VS! Time to fetch the cake healthy snacks and head for the sofa then. Can't say I mind at all, a snuggle day sounds right up my street and now I can do it without feeling guilty grin

foxytocin Mon 08-Sep-08 10:19:12

Normal. normal. normal.

she will eat when she is ready for it. in the meantime all that feeding will build your milk supply back to that of a mum who is ex. bf. so she won't be missing out on anything really. her appetite ought to come back over a day or 2 so you won't suffer engorgement probs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now