Talk

Advanced search

baby not sucking

(7 Posts)
mandyangel Sat 06-Sep-08 18:06:07

Hi Please please please can anyone help me. I have read all the suggestions that you have all very kindly given Sittingbourne, I have tried everything that you have suggested but my 6 month old is refusing to suck a bottle, She seems to not know how to suck she pushes it around with her tongue and the only way she gets a bit of water or milk is by biting it a the side of her mouth. I am very very desperate now and today she is very lethargic this has been going on for 5 days now. I have only just started weeing her this week as well. please can anyone help. I think she is now dehydrated as her fontanel is now dipped

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 18:07:36

You need to phone NHS Direct or take her to A&E if she is refusing to suck and is showing signs of dehydration. How are her nappies?

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 18:08:19

Do you have a different teat you could try?

HonoriaGlossop Sat 06-Sep-08 18:43:09

will she sip from a cup?

mandyangel Sat 06-Sep-08 23:43:24

she wont sip from a cup and i have tried every teat going. I an actually going to take her to a/e as she is constantlty sleeping now. thanks for your concerns i will keep you posted

AvenaLife Sat 06-Sep-08 23:44:25

sad I hope she's OK.

HonoriaGlossop Sun 07-Sep-08 00:53:30

me too. do let us know x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now