Talk

Advanced search

2 yr old waking for night feeds

(2 Posts)
chickenmama Sat 06-Sep-08 12:18:00

My dd is now 2 yrs 3 months. She breastfeeds morning, nap and bedtime, and then wakes maybe once sometimes up to 3 or 4 times in the night to feed. She slept in my bed until about 18 months old, had a bed in my room until 2 and now has her own room.

The trouble is she hardly sleeps in there! IF she goes to sleep in her own bed, she'll usually come into my room in the early hours (between 1am and 3am) asking for a feed and then will sleep the rest of the night in my bed. I've always been too tired to try to get her back to her own bed as I'll fall asleep feeding her.

What I wanted to ask is, how do other children of the same age sleep? Is it usual for a 2yr old to keep waking so often? Has anyone been through this, and is there any way I can encourage her to not have the feeds through the night. I guess I don't mind, but I would rather be getting a full undisturbed nights sleep!

Seona1973 Sat 06-Sep-08 12:58:24

my ds (22 months) was bottle fed and sleeps in his cot in his room and has done from about 8 months. He generally sleeps from 7.30pm to 6/6.30am and doesnt normally wake in the night. If he does he tends to cry out and if we leave him for a couple of minutes he settles himself back to sleep again. He hasnt had a feed in the night since he first slept through at 8 months. He only has milk twice a day which he has from a lidded cup. It all depends on how you feel about the night feeding and how determined you feel about stopping them - if you are ok with it then keep doing what you are doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now