Talk

Advanced search

help. colic?

(9 Posts)
rusmum Fri 05-Sep-08 12:20:36

my 5 week old dd gas spentthe ;ast week screaming/ it started first about 4 - 5pm for an hour or so but is now most of the day, when she is not sleeping.

only happy if held on my shoulder and bounced wile i walk around with her.

she is breast fed but doesnt seem to latch on too well.

pudding25 Fri 05-Sep-08 12:23:16

Can you get a bf counsellor to check your latch? Is she gaining weight?

rusmum Fri 05-Sep-08 12:42:01

is gaining but very windy.

likessleep Fri 05-Sep-08 13:09:46

my ds was exactly the same when he was very little. sounds like colic to me and it is a very tough time. my sympathies are with you.
have you tried infacol? i found my ds gave huge burps with that, but it does take a few days to work.
also, a cranial osteopath may be worth seeing or looking into?
take every offer of help - even if a friend / relative can take little one out for a 20 minute walk in buggy. a crying baby all day long is tough. good luck x
ps my ds was literally cured overnight when he was 12 weeks old, just suddenly started sleeping.
pps have you tried a sling?

thequietone Fri 05-Sep-08 13:13:06

I has the same problem with DS2. Arching screaming baby. Didn't happen first time round...Midwife suggested fennel tea. My GOD, amazing. As he drank it (from a bottle), if I put my hand on his stomach I could actually FEEL the bubbles bursting in there, and the arching would stop and he'd relax.

rusmum Fri 05-Sep-08 13:20:13

will try fennel tea. thanks.

rusmum Fri 05-Sep-08 13:20:15

will try fennel tea. thanks.

hotpotmama Fri 05-Sep-08 16:47:02

I'd try a cranial osteopath - worked wonders for my DS1 and DS2 with colic.

rusmum Fri 05-Sep-08 21:33:23

wow fennel to seemed to work. how much should i give her and how often???

thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now