Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

9m old - feeds (bf) per day?

(2 Posts)
taliac Thu 04-Sep-08 12:45:38

Hey all.

I'm going away for 2 days in a few weeks without the family and am leaving a freezer stash of expressed.

I'm trying to work out how much to leave, and am having trouble as usually DD2 is BF on demand.

I reckon she feeds at 5am, 7.30am, sometimes mid morning but doesn't seem too bothered so sometimes not, 2pmish then normally not til bedtime (6.30pm). If she's teething then sometimes again at 11pmish.

So that makes definitely 4 feeds a day, sometimes up to 6.

She's weaned and enjoys her food and drinks water very happily.

Does this seem about right for a bf 9m old? Are there (gulp) guidelines anywhere?

And how much do you reckon a feed is anyway? I can express about 3oz a session - does that seem right?

Sorry for all the questions, can you tell this is my first time away without the babies?

wendiwoo Thu 04-Sep-08 22:58:33

I think the general ammount is a pint of breast or formula milk in every 24 hour period offer water in between if needed. If you can express more you can be sure there will be enough. Why not fill icecube trays roughly 1 oz each and pop out into freezer bags then little bits can be defrosted as required and this avoids too much waste Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now