Talk

Advanced search

Giant night feed tiny breakfast??

(11 Posts)
Becky77 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:02:04

My BF DD takes a giant night feed and a tiny breakfast?? How can I switch it around so that she gradually drops the night feed?

ajm200 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:05:15

Can you cluster feed her in the evening so that she needs less at night and will be hungrier in the morning?

lulumama Wed 03-Sep-08 11:06:14

how old is she?

Becky77 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:09:14

She's a bit of a fussy eater so wont take it unless she's pretty hungry... I do give her a feed at 4.30pm and 6.30pm though... She doesnt feed in the night until 3am so I could try a dream feed at 11pm but I'm afraid it'll just interrupt her long sleep from 7pm-3am??

Becky77 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:10:59

She's 3 months... This is the pattern she's put herself into so am reluctant to rock the boat?

ajm200 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:15:44

3 months is still quite small to be worrying about dropping a night feed. She'll do it when she is ready but you may be able to get her to take more 'breakfast' if she eats more in the late evening and isn't eating loads at night

Becky77 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:22:56

Im not wanting her to drop the night feed just want to make sure she eats a good breakfast so she can head that way. Perhaps the dream feed is the way to go... just dont want to interrupt her sleep. if i leave her doing it this way will it even itself out in the end?

ajm200 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:34:33

Sorry didn't mean to offend, just didn't write my last posting very well as I was distracted by DS trying to turn the PC off.

Her feeds will even out in the end and she may suddenly decide to eat loads during the day and very little at night.

They have regular growth spurts and she's about the right age to be going through one now so you may find that her feeding pattern changes soon.

I think the growth spurts are around 3, 6 12 and 24 weeks

Good luck..

lulumama Wed 03-Sep-08 11:36:44

feeding more at night means your supply is being maintained better at growth spurt time

i presume by breakfast you mean breastfeed?

12 weeks is early to worry about routines and set times..feed her on demand/responsivley and she will find a pattern that suits

it is still early days

Becky77 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:51:30

yep breastfeed breakfast... OK well thanks for your advise. I think I'll just keep going as I am and wait for her to even things out breakfastwise :-)

lulumama Wed 03-Sep-08 11:52:11

it will settle , i promise !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now