Talk

Advanced search

How have I managed to breastfeed for 16 months without knowing about underwired feeding bras?

(34 Posts)
willthisdo Tue 02-Sep-08 20:08:25

they are amazing

Am now 5 months into feeding DD2 and have only just found out about these. Am now the proud owner of 4. They're amazing. Gone is the mono boob sausage look. I have a shape!

Just wanted to share the love!

scorpio1 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:09:19

pmsl @ 'mono boob sausage look'

off to look now

MatNanPlus Tue 02-Sep-08 20:11:22

Not bad tho only up to a G, Rigby custom make, had 1 mum in a K made by them looked great.

WilfSell Tue 02-Sep-08 20:13:05

yes I have these - very good, only discovered by baby 3 <norks hoisted up from knees>

spottyshoes Tue 02-Sep-08 20:18:28

Underwired nursing bras!!!????? Where were they 17 months ago!!!???

<runs to buy one>

pudding25 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:21:33

OMG I need one. I have forgotten what underwired bras are - but I am now on SMP and skint!

NicEm Tue 02-Sep-08 20:43:59

i've got two (one plain, one lacy) - only took baby number 3 to find them aswell!!

LackaDAISYcal Tue 02-Sep-08 20:53:08

Are there any shops who sell these, so I can go and try one on? Very wary of spending £68 on one of each colour only to find they don't fit. Also, not sure what size I'll end up this time. Was 34H when feeding DD, but have lost a bit of weight this pregnancy.

sleepycat Tue 02-Sep-08 21:01:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ronaldinhio Tue 02-Sep-08 21:01:53

I used these and they were fab

domesticslattern Tue 02-Sep-08 21:02:59

They have changed my life. Buy buy buy ladies.

We should definitely have a whip round to find out where we can try them on. I got mine in Bristol in a shop called Venus maternity, where the owner will take ages fitting you perfectly.

www.venus-maternity.co.uk/find/index.html

That is a long way from Leeds though LackaDAISYcal!

I feel like me again, not some ghastly old frump with her tits round her waist.

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 02-Sep-08 21:06:31

I'd buy if they made them in a big enough cup size angry.

hellymelly Tue 02-Sep-08 21:08:48

They don't come in my size sadly,but also find Anita bras a bit "compressing"! I am just wearing a normal,low cut pretty see through mesh bra by fantasie from bravissimo,I am a 30G,and I just yank it down.As it is low cut at the front the cup easily pulls to one side to feed and the wires don't dig in so no blocked ducts which I got with regular anita nursing bras.I only wore a nursing bra for the first few months when the inflation/deflation was an issue.

justkeepswimming Tue 02-Sep-08 21:09:56

I'm a 34DD (according to the last time i was measured a while ago admittedly) and i'm wearing 34dd comfortably, so what size should/could i get of these?? 34d or 36d or 36e?

suey2 Tue 02-Sep-08 21:10:39

they are fantastic! Even when I was wearing one a little too small - still better than the monoboob look LOL op.
I must admit, now that dd is 8 months I wear a regular underwired bra as I know when she will feed and it is v quick

LackaDAISYcal Tue 02-Sep-08 21:33:05

lol, a trip to Bristol might be a bit over ambitious at 7mo pregnant grin

I'll wait till after the baby is born and order a couple. If they don't fit I can send them back.

Meanwhile I'll have a look for local stockists.

willthisdo Tue 02-Sep-08 22:03:47

Figleaves do free returns and have really good customer service IMO. Also if you buy a VEET product at the moment, you get 15% off figleaves.

Am 34 G hadn't appreciated that they only go up to a G cup - sorry to those I've filled with false hope and longing!

StealthPolarBear Tue 02-Sep-08 22:20:44

Thank you! I have spent the last 16 months with a mono boob! Will be looking into these

FinalFurlong Tue 02-Sep-08 23:49:53

i am sooo happy...just ordered one.
no more sausage for me!
i thought there was some nursing underwire law i didnt know about..

MrsThierryHenry Wed 03-Sep-08 00:04:34

They come in big sizes too. Willthisdo, you are a godsend. I'll bookmark the page for my next pregnancy! xxx

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 03-Sep-08 00:08:29

hmmm

have saggy boobs from hell having NOT KNOWN about these for the last however many years I have been pregnant or breastfeeding.

More posting..
bumping this so many times so that there are no MN'ers that don't know smile ,wierdo I know

TinkerBellesMum Wed 03-Sep-08 00:10:33

Not happy that they stop at G!

Actually, I can't believe I'm complaining about companies stopping at G, wasn't that long ago I was an F and complaining about them stopping at E. I think I'm growing out of Bravissimo at the moment shock

I'd be careful where you get measured, BTW, as a lot of places are still using the old style measurements, especially as if they didn't they would lose a lot of customers.

TooTicky Wed 03-Sep-08 00:41:19

I have been bf for the best part of 12 years and I didn't know about them.

willthisdo Wed 03-Sep-08 09:37:35

bump for daytime MNer sporting the monoboob.

I had assumed I was the only person in the world who didn't know about them

Denny185 Wed 03-Sep-08 15:44:45

Oooooo off to have a look, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now