Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

@Twiglett - how is the breastfeeding going?

(6 Posts)
emkana Sun 20-Feb-05 21:32:57

Hi Twiglett,
the current thread about b/feeding after 12 months reminded me of the earlier thread about extended breastfeeding started by you, which as you may recall got rather heated .
I was just wondering how you're getting on now - are you still b/feeding? How are you feeling about it? Have you decided when you're definitely going to stop (or have you stopped already - not sure). Have your feelings about extended breastfeeding changed?

Am I asking too many questions?

Twiglett Sun 20-Feb-05 21:39:36

Nope .. glad to be remembered

DD is 9.5 months old and still breastfeeds but only at night (so once, sometimes twice a day) .. ..

so pleased I started that thread because I don't think I'd have got to this stage so comfortably (shame I had to get my posts deleted over another issue though .. cos I think it was quite cathartic for me, and could've been for others)

I'm still feel quite happy doing it as a private thing but won't bf in public (don't need to really) as I do feel she's quite big, I was totally happy with public BF until about 6 or 7 months

DH thinks I should've stopped but puts no pressure on, current plan is to take her to a year

thank you for helping me sort it out in my head back then

Twiglett Sun 20-Feb-05 21:40:48

that said I watched a lady breastfeed her walking toddler the other day (probably about fourteen months or so) and smiled

emkana Sun 20-Feb-05 21:45:55

That's lovely to hear, twiglett.

Enjoy every feed!

Twiglett Sun 20-Feb-05 21:47:17

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 21:49:32

great twiglett, so pleased youre happy with it... i still feed dd, 16 months once a day... totally happily!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now