Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding and becoming pregnant

(9 Posts)
offtobuttonmoon Tue 02-Sep-08 12:55:08

I know that I sound a bit silly.
Am trying to conceive with baby number two. My period is a little late, have a few crampy pains and changed vaginal discharge. With my first child the changes in my breasts were the most noticeable sign of pregnancy. This time they are already vascular and warm because I am breastfeeding. Has anyone else noticed a difference in early pregnancy when nursing first child?

Took a clear blue test last night, expires soon, very very faint vertical line appeared within 2 mins, seen by myself and husband. Paranoid that this was evaporation went out and bought a new test. Too impatient to wait a few days. Had another slightly less but still quite faint vertical mark. Almost think that I am imagining it, optical illusion or something like that.

chipmonkey Tue 02-Sep-08 13:02:18

Sounds like congratulations are in order!grin

likessleep Tue 02-Sep-08 13:04:39

congrats!

offtobuttonmoon Tue 02-Sep-08 13:06:18

Thank you, re-read my post and shuld have typed slightly more apparrent but still quite faint.

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 02-Sep-08 13:07:32

In what way are you being a bit silly?

Do another test with fmu tomorrow.

I am 36 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding my 2.6yr old (there's a thread for those of us who are pg and bf'ing which you may want to look up), and had no symptoms prior to +ve test, but got very sore nips whilst feeding around 5 weeks.

onwardandupward Tue 02-Sep-08 14:54:03

I didn't get the sore nipples in early pregnancy when nursing, but did first time round.

Quite a different physical experience in all sorts of ways when already nursing.

Hope you'll get a bfp in a day or two!

offtobuttonmoon Fri 05-Sep-08 12:17:48

Thanks for the responses.

Just an update. Still no period. Breasts have def. grown and other signs of preg. noted. Am not too worried about doing another test now because my body has let me know. Obsession over, now just feeling impatient to feel it move etc. Much more so than first time round. Will be reading the pregnant nursing thread closely!

belgo Fri 05-Sep-08 12:21:11

congratulations! I became pregnant while breastfeeding, and I decided to stop breastfeeding over the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy. It was very easy to stop, my milk just disappeared, and dd1 didn't seem bothered at all, she was very happy with a bottle at that stage.

I know many women have no problems carrying on breastfeeding during pregnancy.

ThePenguinProject Fri 05-Sep-08 14:14:38

Congratulations! Just wanted to say that I found clear blue a nightmare, I had no idea whether I was pregnant or not the line was so faint! I ended up buying one of the very expensive digital ones just to be sure....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now