Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

having a 'perfect storm' of hormones, what is actually going on?

(6 Posts)
merryberry Mon 01-Sep-08 19:25:31

i'm taking 6 mth old off the breast, over 3-4 weeks, this is middle of week 2, dropped 4/8 feeds so far.

i'm a beast emotionally, almost explosive with suppressed rage. it's like a riptide of RRRRAAAGGGGHHH that feels purely hormonal, distinct and different to my emotions about having to give up. I have googled (impatiently) but don't see anything engaging.

can anyone link to or describe some plain objective data type info on what hormonal changes i'm going through, PLEASE? which hormones are involved? how big are the changes?

would love to know, because i feel more able to ride the storm with hard evidence of why it's such a bugger. it helps me cope with PMT, just knowing that such and such is rising, such and such is falling.

charchargabor Mon 01-Sep-08 19:28:43

Here is a little bit about prolactin levels here. I couldn't find much else sorry. Will go and have another look. smile

merryberry Mon 01-Sep-08 19:32:21

thank you my dear, thank you, very kind of you. read that bit also about getting sad etc, now i'm wondering if i am the only woman who gets RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH with anger instead?

charchargabor Mon 01-Sep-08 19:58:36

I'm sure other women do as well. Couldn't find any other links. I think it's like PMT. Some people get sad, and some get mad! The LLL say that it's not only prolactin levels that are changing, but also oestrogen and progesterone, so I would imagine that changes similar to PMT would happen. Not that I'm an expert or anything! grin

merryberry Mon 01-Sep-08 21:05:10

ah, that's interesting, now off to google more of these combos. thank you

merryberry Wed 03-Sep-08 15:08:46

ha! my periods started again yesterday. so that was what all that raging hormone evilness was basically about. not the bf stopping! i'm little miss sunshine again now [cheesiest grin possible emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now